The Buchinger Fasting methodology is named after its founder Dr. Otto Buchinger, who developed the therapeutic fasting cure.
Dr. Hellmut Luetzner then adapted the methodology and made its approach available to the public at large.
The method entails a combination of tea- and juice-fasting with an addition of one vegetable broth daily, and plenty of still water throughout the day. Juice and broth will ensure that your body is sufficiently provided with vitamins and minerals. This fast is intended for people who are of relatively robust physical health and are looking to feel their best.
It is a conscious and deliberate abstention of food and the fast is of limited duration.
A Buchinger fast brings a lot of insight about how much food we really need, the way we eat and use food in our daily life's.
The 5 principles of Buchinger/ Luetzner fasting
- Eat no food – just drink fluids
- Avoid everything that is not essential – anything that could harm your body or is unnecessary during fasting
- Detach from your daily routine, possibly also family and worklife – this is time only for yourself
- Be in harmony with yourself and nature – listen to your body
- Promote all ways to eliminate waste products or toxins from your body